Everyone reacts differently after an abortion. No matter how you feel physically or emotionally, you need to take care of yourself. Can you drink alcohol after taking abortion pill?

Medical abortion

Medical abortion uses medicine instead of surgery. This can be done up to 9 weeks from the first day of your last period. This may require confirmation by ultrasound during the first visit

It takes 1 to 3 weeks to make. There is a 95% success rate; the remaining 5% will have to end the abortion by surgery.

Women who choose this option must be able to attend many medical appointments within 2-3 weeks. They must also be ready not to have sexual intercourse or drink alcohol for 14 days.

If you and your doctor decide that this is the right choice for your first visit, you will receive a blood test requirement.

You will receive a prescription for Mifegymiso and painkillers that you can pick up at the pharmacy. Mifegymiso is a prescription containing two drugs: Mifepristone and Misoprostol. Mifepristone is a progesterone blocking drug that is a pregnancy support hormone. Misoprostol is a medicine that is used after mifepristone will cause the cervix (neck of the womb) to soften and open, as well as contract the uterus and will push the pregnancy out.

Can you drink alcohol after taking abortion pill?

You and your doctor will discuss the best time to take mifepristone

Two days later, you’ll take misoprostol by inserting the pills into your vagina or cheek.

A week after your first visit, you will see your doctor again for a blood test and possibly an ultrasound to check if the abortion was successful. If the abortion is over, it’s over. If pregnancy is still present, you can wait another week, repeat the misoprostol tablets, or have a surgical abortion. Further follow-up will be discussed at this time.

How should I feel emotionally after an abortion?

There is no right way to feel after an abortion. You may have strong feelings or you may not feel too much. You may feel relief, loss, sadness, anger or guilt. You can feel many different things at once or be confused about how you feel.

What to do:

  1. Buy a thermometer if you don’t have one.
  2. Measure the temperature every morning and evening for five days.
  3. Call us if you have problems.
  4. Return to work or school as soon as you feel well enough. Medical excuses are provided if needed.
  5. Take antibiotics, even if you feel good.
  6. Follow all instructions for taking care of yourself after an abortion.


  1. Do not use tampons until you pass the exam. They can cause infections.
  2. Do not lift heavy objects or do strenuous exercises for a week. This may increase bleeding or cramps.
  3. Do not have sex until you pass the next exam. This can cause bleeding, cramps, infection or pregnancy.
  4. Do not insert anything into the vagina, including the whip, until the next exam. This can lead to infection.
  5. Do not drive for 24 hours after receiving sedation.
  6. Do not drink alcohol (it may interfere with the absorption of antibiotics and also increase bleeding).



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here